Thursday, April 20

The Power of Positive Thinking


When I bought this book, I didn’t realize that it was one of the Best Sellers of Norman Vincent Peale. I got it from the book sale in the Caboolture flea market one Sunday, when I was still in OZ. I was actually eyeing for Chicken Soup for the Soul series. The owner of the bookstore even asked me if I had read any writings of the author, I said nope. He then proceeded with telling me the nature of the books of Peale.

Matter of factly, I didn’t even know that Normal Vincent Peale is popular. The realization dawned me last night while I was re-reading one of my favorite romance pocket books of Linda Lael Miller, that indeed Peale is really well-liked. His name was mentioned in the book when one of the characters re-inforced positive thinking to his partner.

My curiosity of Peale was aroused that I painstakingly researched in the net. And this is what I initially found out, excerpt from wikipedia.

For his contributions to the field of theology, President Ronald Reagan awarded Peale the Presidential Medal of Freedom (the highest civilian honor in the United States) on March 26, 1984.

Though he wrote much -- including 46 "inspirational" books -- The Power of Positive Thinking remains by far his most widely read work. First published in 1952, stayed on the New York Times bestseller list for 186 consecutive weeks, it has sold around 20 million copies and translated into 41 different languages.

Actually, I haven’t started flicking through the book yet. It is gathering dust in my pile of “books to read”. Just another hobby that was put-off because of other priorities. But with what I learned about the book and the author, I would be compelled to have a sneak on it sometimes. Besides, it is another useful entry to my Talent Profile. :D

Note:
Honey, I now have more reasons to read the book. It is a constructive and handy supplement to your teachings to me. =)

0 comments: