Sunday, September 9

I want the real thing!

I've read a lot about using dummies (pacifier) for babies and even if there are advantages, I still don't approve Ian to use one. Which was seconded by MCJ.

But there were times in the first month that we got too desperate and overtired at day time, thanks heavens it's not at sleeping time, and wished that we could have bought a dummy for him.

Then, one day Granddad bought Ian dummies and told us to just use it during desperation. lol.

At first, I tried it when he's not whiney - that's when he's full, and he just spat it out. It didn't occured to me that he doesn't like it because he might just had enough food. My purpose was just to see if he'll like it.

Then "desperation" came, I put a dummy to his mouth and again he just spit it out. And it made him more aggitated and whingy, sort of like screaming "I want the real thing!".

I didn't gave up. I still tried several times but to no avail.

We've concluded that he's not a dummy baby. lol. After all, he's not whingin' as long as he's full, has a clean bum, had burped and warm and comfy.

-----

We've been topping up his feed in the afternoon when my milk supply was getting low for 2 days now. He was doing the same thing as what he did to his dummy, spitting it out of his mouth but after a few minutes, I reckon, he found out that there was something dripping out of the teat so he just let it stayed in his mouth but still he was not sucking it - just letting the milk drip. Just a lazy sucker. lol. That was the first day.

The second day was pleasant. He knew how to suck the teat properly and he had finished the 60ml formula and still wanting more - but we are taking the topping-up slowly so it's just one 60ml a day.

We are using the close to nature teat and it helps, as it feels like breast when he's sucking it except of course, he has to do it harder in silicon.

0 comments: