Wednesday, April 22

Late Bloomer

Some of you may have seen the movie Twilight several times already. There is a DVD release of the movie. I am just currently reading the book. And boy, wasn’t I a convert.

My choice of books range on the rom-com, chick lit, adventure or any easy to read. Although some of the stories are predictable, I still love reading them. I can say that sci-fi or mythologies much more about vampires are not my thing. But I can hardly put Twilight down at night. Even at work, my mind was into it. I am looking forward to be free so I can read a few pages.

Why I like it? There aren’t many characters in it. I give credits to the author for writing it so simply. When you heard of vampires, it’s either you get scared or you brush it off as a myth. Reading this book, makes me not care about it. It seems more romantic for a vampire to be such like Edward. The book is very well written that vampires are seems not out of this world, that they exists now, that they could be mingling with us.

I just borrowed the first book at the library and I checked, the other three of the saga are all booked out for reservation. If I want to save money, I would put in my name in the reservation list but I want to read them soon. So, I scoured Ebay and found several for bidding. I bid on the three other books this morning. Hopefully, I win any of them.

I am mulling over if I want to see the movie though. Not seeing the movie would make me more creative and imaginative. And I also don’t want to be disappointed.

We’ll see. It’s not a hard decision to make as choosing auto insurance for a fickle minded like me.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

hi sis, thank you for the visit. it's great to read your comment. Me too -- medyo matagal na rin di naka bisita dito. :)

I guess all is well out there!

Mich said...

welcome to the club, girl! :) i was hooked with twilight too to think that i hated vampire stories. you should read the rest of the books!

happy mother's day to you too! and thanks for the visit!