- If you store ice cubes in polythene bags, spray them with soda water before you put them in the freezer. It stops them from sticking together.
- A good substitute for real cream is evaporated milk. Boil an unopened tin in water for twenty minutes. It whips up to double its size and does a fair immitation of the real thing.
- If you line the salad drawer with kitchen paper before you put your fruit in it, any excess moisture is drawn into the paper and the fruit stays fresher longer.
- If you are making soups to freeze, use half the liquid the recipe calls for. Add the rest when you defrost it.
- If you are making a beef casserole, add a teaspoonful of vinegar to the recipe. It makes the meat more tender and brings out the flavour in the gravy.
More to come, guys. :)