Sunday, January 18

Home-made Icecream

I've been inspired by a fellow blogger to prepare a home-made ice cream so I search for a recipe and found this from cooks.com:
4 c. peeled mango slices, chopped fine
1 c. sugar
4 (13 oz.) cans sweetened milk, chilled
1/2 gal. Half and Half
6 eggs, well beaten
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract

Combine mango slices and sugar in a microwave proof bowl. Heat until sugar dissolves. Place in refrigerator to chill slightly. In a churn, combine sweetened condensed milk, Half and half, eggs and extracts. Add chilled mango mixture. Follow manufacturer's directions for making ice cream.


It's a mango ice-cream. It sounds easy to make but I reckon, I would be happier if I'll just buy a liter at the shop. The ingredients would cost me much plus the time to make it won't justify, I guess. It doesn't cost us much to buy 2 liters of our favourite brand and flavour. Downside is, I can't really be sure that the mango icecream that I can buy at the shop is not artificial flavour. Well, I think I'll just have to buy chocolate or something with chocolate as it is a safe flavour from additives. We might just need a diet pill if we'll make it a part of our weekly grocery list.

0 comments: