Thursday, October 16

Wise Spending

Buying stuff for you child needs a lot of thinking. Babies grow up so quickly and before you know it, they become toddler, junior, kindy, so on. It is important to plan things before you buy them.

Clothes can be outgrown in a span of two months. And if you're like me who does the washing just every week, you need to have at least 10 pairs to make both ends meet. So buying at least 10 pairs every two months is a pain. Literally to the pockets. So what I do, is buy clothes that I see will fit him for the next six months or so. And I don't really buy expensive clothes for Jens. It's just impractical.

But it's a different story when it comes to stuff that he can use until he is 3 years - like pram. Yeah, his pram can hold a 17kg child, so he'll still be using it until he might be two years. But he's not actually using it now. Just when we are going for a long day out that he needs to sleep - which he doesn't do actually.

Stuff like cot, high chair (like Stokke Tripp Trapp maybe), toys, books, etc also needs to be invested.

But I can't really say, I'm a wise spender.. but at least I'm trying.

0 comments: