Saturday, January 5

Tradition?

Tagged by Arlene. Thanks, sis!

Most of us have traditions especially for the New Year. But I'm not one of "us". Lol. I was hesitant to do this tag as I don't have any. I will just share what my mother used to do.

What's my New Year Good Luck Tradition/s?

Rule:Copy the person and persons’ names that sent it to you and add your own at the bottom of the list. It really helps to build community.

Lets start it here!

*My mom used to collect some coins and when the new year comes she put the coins in a bowl and shake it to create sounds. She said its good luck for money throughout the year. And also wearing dotted dresses on new year don’t know why. CC/chalyza/keep

*My old folks always told us to avoid spending money on new years day. They said, once you spend on the first day of the year, you like to spend the rest of the year. Behind d Scenes of ME/ Retchel’s Pure Life/ A little bit of me

*I grew up believing that if you have some money on your pocket (whatever you’re wearing) come New Year’s eve it will ensure steady flow of income throughout the year. The other belief is that the main door of the house should be wide open come New Year’s eve so that good luck will be ushered in. Juliana of MY WORLD and JULIANA’S LAIR.

* We always lit fireworks (Chinese belief) as part of tradition to scare off "bad spirits" and start the New Year with a blast. Hailey of Hailey's Beats and Bits *We have our family worship when the sun sets on January 31st and we have thankfulness prayer when 12 o'clock strikes. In this way, my mom thinks that if we pray this time with thankfulness we gonna pray over and over again throughout the incoming new year. Sunshineforlife of Life is What We Make it// Dancing in Midlife Tune.

*My mother usually have twelve fruits on the table. Now, that I've got family, we just want to celebrate it with people close to us, as we always do for three years in a row. HappyMum of Permanence in Change.

Like this meme? Go tag yourself. :)

0 comments: