Tuesday, December 18

On Children's Diet

I'm halfway through with the mag that I bought two weeks ago and everytime I found something interesting, I share it here. So here's something that I reckon helpful in making up something to eat for our little one - though mine is just starting up on solids.

10 ways to hide vegetables in food

  1. mashed potato or cheessy mash, made with pumpkin or swede
  2. pasta sauce, blended to disguise capsicum, broccoli, etc.
  3. vegetables as pizza toppings
  4. cake made with carrot or zucchini.
  5. risotto - instead of serving chicken, rice and vegetables separately, cook them together.
  6. soups such as tomato or potato.
  7. roast vegetables such as pumpkin, carrots and capsicum, served alongside roast potatoes.
  8. vegie burgers.
  9. baked beans mixed with grated carrots or zucchini.
  10. sandwiches, wraps and pita pockets with tomato, lettuce, etc.

credits

0 comments: