Monday, June 11

48 Hours in Manila

I don't think anybody had missed me. :D I was gone but was back very quick that I myself could not even feel that I had been away except that I am tired, sleepy, lethargic, have sore feet and lower belly and puffy ankles. I don't get all these when I stayed home and sit infront of the computer almost 8 hours everyday.

I was in Manila for the BIG whole 48 hours. I was looking forward to it because of the food actually. I had 5 ripe and 5 green mangoes, among others. But with the very brief time that I spent there, I was not able to eat all the food that I want to nor shop and take them here. I bought choc-nut though. :D

I only saw my aunt but didn't see lots of friends. Oh well, some of them didn't even have a slightest idea that I was there.

But, I had gone shopping twice... not bad.

And the weather! Oh my, I can not remember that it could be that hot and humid in June. I spent the early part of summer this year there but the weather was nothing compared when I was there two days ago. I was dripping of sweat while sitting in a non-aircon lounge room doing nothing.

But it is always nice to be back home.. to drink fresh buko juice in the morning.. to have my short exercise in going to McDo and have my breakfast there.. to have a leisurely walk to the mall... to eat pandesal and hopia... to at last ate dinuguan of goldilocks after 9 months... and many more. But I was a bit sad when I got back here and realized that there were so many foods that I craved but didn't get the chance to taste them one more time.

It was quick and yet fun!

One of the stewardesses of Qantas even recognized me when I boarded the plane. She said, "she's coming back again" and chatted to me when she distributed the menu.

While I know, I could have liked it more if I get to stay longer in Manila... but as cliche as it may, it's nice to be back here in my "home".

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bakit 2 days lang?