Wednesday, June 27

I Am Maarte but Not Vain!

You Are 31% Vain

Okay, so you're slightly vain from time to time, but you're not superficial at all.
You are realistic. You know that looks matter. You just try to make them matter less.

Tagged by mitch here and I was actually planning of doing this without being tagged. :) Thanks, mitch!

Some if not most people that know me finds me "maarte". Well, in other aspects but not on my looks. How? These are some of the reasons:

  1. I can't remember buying a make-up kit for myself. If I ever had one at one point, somebody might have given it to me and then after a couple of months I'd given it away also. I love putting on eye shadows but somebody has to tell me what colors should coordinate. I'd bought lipstick one time but I gave it to my mother. :) I am only using a lip care.
  2. It was only a couple of years back that I started using moisturizer and toner for my face. What prompted me to use them? Err, who? My friend who I used to live with and out of envy actually when she was primping herself up at night and I was just lying down reading something or watching her. And I kept on changing brands.
  3. I don't care about the brand of shampoo that I use but I am particular with conditioner. I reckon, the latter shadowed the effect of the earlier so it's no use buying exy shampoo. I kept on changing conditioner brands also and even if I still have almost a new bottle but then, if it doesn't give my hair the effect that I wanted, I would ditch it and buy another brand.
  4. I am no "fashionista". I shop for the style of stuff that I have concieved in my mind not the style that I saw in the shops. And it is frustrating sometimes.
  5. In the later part of my working years, I'd love to accentuate my clothes with chandelier earrings, a pair of shoes and hand bag. I do the same now even if I am just staying at home sans the shoes and handbag.
  6. Now that I just stay home, I help myself up with wearing comfy canvass shoes to avoid drying and cracking of my soles.
  7. I am happy doning fresh and comfy clothes and shoes everyday, a pair of earrings, the rings that MCJ gave me and clean nails and soft moisturized hands.

There, who said I am vain? :)

Anyone interested in doing this tag? Go ahead and have fun!

2 comments:

chuching said...

how can you be maarte and not be vain? ako, pareho! eto na naman ako, nanliliit. i have yet to find a person vainer than i am. bakit ganon!? hindi naman ako ganon ka-vain pero ako may pinaka-mataas na score! huhuhu! :)

Mich said...

na-curious ako bigla, try ko din to! :)