Thursday, June 14

Airport and Flight Experience

It was really our intention to went to the airport way ahead of time to avoid hassles. With my bulging belly, we're worried that I might be interrogated in the check-in area and be not allowed to board the plane, which, thank God.. didn't happen. I went through check-in, immigration and boarding smoothly.

After I checked-in, we decided to grab a bite so I would not be too hungry while waiting for the meal to be served in-flight. While munching on, I heard a loud crying noise and then noticed the lady sitting at the right shoulder of MCJ was crying while talking to the guy. She's also a Filipina. She really caught my attention as her crying was not really made discreet. Then few tables away from them was a caucasian couple cuddling and smooching each other.. after awhile, I saw the lady crying as well. They were in crying blues. :D

I know, I should have mind my own business.

And I did. We browse around the shops until it was only an hour before my departure. But try as I might not t stick my nose on anybody, close to the escalator on my way going down to the immigration, the filipina lady and her partner were there and the crying was even louder while she was mumbling something though I could not made out a word from it. On the opposite side, was the caucasian couple also! Hummm!

While, I was not even misty eyed. MCJ reckon, I'll not miss him a bit while enjoying the food in Manila. :)

On another note, I really liked flying with Qantas... not now. The company might have been feeling the effect of el niƱo here in OZ that they're now cutting their cost by employing less staff. In a 767 plane, there were only 4 stewards/stewardesses in the economy class. It took them three tips to the pantry to serve all the passengers. They run-out of immigration form onboard that we have to queue at the airport when we arrived to secure and fill-out the form. Plus, they cut one meal served for overnight flight as well as the amount of servings for domestic flight. I had a not so nice encounter with one of the stewardesses but I won't mention it here. I was actually planning on sending an email but I reckon, she might just be stressed which she confirmed talking to the guy seated next to me. It was a long flight for them all the way from Sydney - Brisbane - Manila. I heard from another stewardess in the Sydney - Brisbane flight that they were/are all affected by the cost-cutting measures of the company. Hopefully, the service would be back to normal in my next flight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi era, sorry to hear about your dreadful flight experience. wow they really are cutting costs nga! even the plane itself, the boeing 767 is not usually used for long haul flights. tapos 4 f.a's lang in the entire economy class wow. i can imagine how stressed the f.a's would really be. plus 767 is the most dreadful (next to 737) plane config ever. enjoy your time in manila :)

dangkin said...

ganun?

til now, nagtataka pa rin ako bket pareho silang umiiyak...he.he.he. at ang lakas pa ha?