Wednesday, June 27

Buried Fancy!

I fancied to be a mechanical engineer one day when I was in high school. I was really entertaining the thought that I could survive in a career world dominated by men. But then fate used it power that I ended up in another program. That's another story though.

You might be thinking that I knew a lot about mechanical tools because of my inclination but sad to say, I don't. I can't even recognize what a pointed-end pliers look like when it was mixed to array of tools and it's not even a high-powered mechanical tool, just a plain and common one you can find in most households. :) MCJ has lots of handyman tools here but I don't know their name albeit I know their use. When I asked questions or any information, I just point at them to know what are they called.

Plus, I no nothing about cars. I was talking on the phone yesterday for the type of car that the baby capsule will be fitted and the customer assistant asked if there are anchor points available and I don't know what to say. Good thing, MCJ was beside me that I just passed-on the phone to him.

Anyway, I don't plan to be dumb on this topic for the rest of my life so from time to time I gather and research valuable information on the net aside from seeking the help of MCJ. And I am thankful for my pro-bloggin activity that I was given the assignment to a topic that is so foreign to me. That is plasma cutting. I look it up on the net and thanks to wikipedia for a very comprehensive definition.

Plasma cutting is a process used to cut steel and other metals (or sometimes other materials) using a plasma torch. In this process, an inert gas (in some units, compressed air) is blown at high speed out of a nozzle; at the same time an electrical arc is formed through that gas from the nozzle to the surface being cut, turning some of that gas to plasma. This plasma is sufficiently hot to melt the metal and moving sufficiently fast to blow molten metal away from the cut.

There, now I know!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 comments: