Tuesday, June 19

How Tough Are You?

I like watching the TV Series Lost. It sort of like put you into impromptu situation where you need your basic instinct, common sense and even the wildest persona in you to survive. For me, it is the battle of the survival of the fittest.

But I wouldnt dare dream to be stranded in an island with people that I don't really know in the first place and with so little resources available. Plus the means to get out of the jungle of chaos is so rare if none.

Let's get on how tough am I in a not so far-fetched scenario - stranded in a strange place alone. Well, I grew up in a rural area where almost all of the grass and weeds that grow in the backyard are edible. I wouldn't mind living like a cow or a cat in order to throw furball. Besides, I love eating salad. A place to sleep won't be a problem to me as I can sleep anywhere.. my mother even reckons I can work in a circus. When my eyes need to shut, I can have a catnap sitting. But, I want to pray that I would be stranded in a tropical place so I don't need to adjust more on the weather. I can take humidity up to a least tolerable percentage. You know, growing up in a farm made me tough. And you can always find a temporary job to help you survive. This scenario is not really made for the weak-kneed and heart.

But how about if you're like Jason Bourne in the Bourne Identity that you're fighting for your life and survival and yet you don't really know who are those people that are after you and why do they want to put your life at stake?

If you want to know how a person in the same dilemna survive, better keep an eye on the USA Network's Burn Notice TV series. Starting June 28th Michael Weston, a CIA Operative on USA Network's new TV series, Burn Notice, will show how he deals with a similar situation.

The Burn Notice will thrill you just by reading a tag line like this "When spies get fired, they don't get a letter from human resources. They get BURNED... "



0 comments: