Sunday, November 11

The Pregger Me

Seen this in Leah's home and planned to do it then, Mich tagged me. Thanks, Ladies!


1. What food did you crave when you were pregnant?
Nothing in particular but since I don't know how to cook and the availability of Pinoy cuisine is very rare here, I constantly want to eat Pinoy food.

2. Did you gain a lot of weight when you were pregnant?
I gained around 15 - 20 kgs - it was all in my belly.

3. Did you drink milk when you were pregnant?
Yes and up til now.

4. How long did you stay in the labor room before your delivery?
I was already 6cm dilated when we arrived at the hospital, so it only took 3.5 hours for Ian to come out.

5. Did you have epidural during labor?
No but I wanted to (I have a very low pain tolerance) yet, I can't be still that MCJ was scared that the needle might break in the process of getting the drug into my body.

6. How did you give birth?
Normally with 4th degree tears that I have to be stitched in the operating theatre with general anaesthetics.

7. What was your first reaction when you heard your baby’s cry and saw him/her for the first time?
I was excited and feeling surreal. I was misty-eyed then I looked and smiled at MCJ.

8. Prior to that moment when you first held your baby, did you know how to carry a newborn?
Yes - I have 6 nephews to looked after to sometimes.

9. Did you take a bath after your delivery?
Not right away. Gave birth at 1am and was sent to the operating theatre at 4am (there's none available between 1 - 3am or so - after I've been cleaned up). Stitching done at 5am, stayed at the recovery room for 30 minutes then was sent to my room feeling dizzy and numb from waste down. MCJ went home after I was sent to the theatre (as he had nothing to do and it was good for him to catch some sleep so he can visit me early) and Baby Ian stayed at the nursery. He was transferred to my room around 6am but I was too weak to get up and look after him that they had to took him back. Had a shower around 10am when MCJ was around to help me do the job.

10. How was your first night with your baby like?
I was sort of emotional and a sleepless night. My colostrum hadn't came out yet and Bubby was hungry and crying most of the time and I was all alone - visiting hours end at 8pm and visitors are not allowed to stay overnight. Ended up giving Ian a top up formula to settle him.

11. Did you breastfeed your baby?
Yes, exclusively until now - Bubby will turn 4months on the 14th of this month.

12. If you were to pick just one moment from the time you gave birth until the moment you were discharged from the hospital, which do you think is the most special moment for you?
When I heard Ian cry for the first time then when he was placed on my chest - I couldn't stop grinning, then when he latched on to my breast and made his first suck - I can't explain the feeling but it was overwhelming. They were all in one moment. lol.

I love doing this meme. I could recount this experience many more times and I wouldnt get tired of it nor wouldn't I forget any details.

Any Mum who might want to do this meme, is welcome to do so. Give it a go, it's really fun!

1 comments:

Mich said...

thanks for doing the tag era! inggit pa din ako sa labor mo, ang bilis talga! hehehe! haaaay, best moments talga noh? buti pwedeng ibalik sa nursery ang babies, dito kse hindi eh.